A rupture disk, also known as a pressure safety disc, burst disc, bursting disc, or burst diaphragm, is a non-reclosing pressure relief safety device that, in most uses, protects a pressure vessel, equipment or system from overpressurization or potentially damaging vacuum conditions.
We supply various types of rupture disks as mentioned below :
- Forward acting
- Reverse buckling
- Plain or Scored
- Solid graphite
Each of the mentioned products has an advantage to other. For instance a reverse buckling disk is better at resisting fatigue caused by pressure cycling services.
When comparing rupture disks with safety valves there are remarkable disadvantages as following;
- Rupture disk is a type of sacrificial part and it has a one-time-use membrane which should be replaced after opening.
- They are not reclosing device.
- There is a risk of high nuisance in liquid services.
- They are subject to metal fatigue failure in cycling services.
- Burst pressure is sensitive to temperature.
Comparing the rupture disks with safety valves, there are some advantages to rupture disks as following;
- Immediate opening of rupture disks
- Available in larger size ranges than safety valves
- Less costly than safety valves if very larger size is needed
We supply various types of rupture disks from the best European manufacturers. Our rupture disks are designed to ISO 4126-6 and PED. ASME SEC VIII rupture discs are available per request.